Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dabangg - Sallu is back with a bang!


It is no secret that I've always had a soft spot for Sallu.
I even did a Sallu dedication a few years back. My first Bollywood film in the theater was Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya. My first Bollywood concert (and only) was the Rockstars concert and Sallu was the headline catcher. And only a few reviews of his films -- Maine Pyar Kiya, Baaghi,  Khamoshi, Saawariya
Even made some anime avatars of him a while ago.
I absolutely adore him!


Sure, he has had his shares of ups and downs with what has been affecting him personally and filmi wise. But I’m neither a biase fan or someone who will dislike him just for whatever matter.

I enjoy him as he is. Even for the films he makes. Good or "Bad."


 After reading people's thoughts and discussions on Dabangg prior to the film releasing, I watched the trailers online. Sallu in a uniform sporting a moustache??? Awesome!

I am so glad Dabangg did well. It proves that Bollywood needed that masala flavor back! You would think so after the successful hits of Ghajini and Wanted. However, regardless of the hit status of both, they were also remakes of South Indian films. Ghajini ---> Ghajini. Wanted ---> Pokiri

Dabangg definitely gave me that South Indian feel. It had the flavor of masala that steered me south for the past few years, which mentioned in my post about why I love South Indian films. I love my superheroes too :)


I was fortunate enough to go share my Sallu pyaar with my online buddy Cynthia. She and I have been e-mailing and socializing online for at least 5 years now.

So why am I taking so long to review this film that I saw in the theater last weekend and it's already a week? I had so much to do at work and at home! Every time I wanted to start to write, I had something to do. Mostly writer's block. Hopefully, I am able to gather my thoughts together after a few days of interruption :D


Dabangg means fearless and is about the fearless corrupted cop, Chulbul Pandey (Salman Khan), who nicknames himself, "Robin Hood Pandy." Even with working with the flaws and corruption of the police system, Chulbul still has a soft side -- his love for his widowed mother, Naina (Dimple Kapadia).

He has a love-hate relationship with his stepfather, Prajapati (Vinod Khanna), and stepbrother, Makkhi (Arbaaz Khan). But he has to try to make peace in the household per his mother.

Behind this stubborn, badass cop, he falls in love with the potter village girl, Rajo (Sonakshi Sinha). With juggling with his job, home, and now love, he is challenged by Chhedi Singh (Sonu Sood). How will he overcome it?


I'll say it again....
I looooooove Dabangg :)
Still am amaze with Dabangg breaking 3 Idiots record.



Chulbul Pandey. Love him or hate him. He will get his way. His arrogant, badass attitude puts you off but then again, you fall in love with it :)



Salman Khan!!!!!!!

I love the fact that Sallu is being loved for the over-the-top roles that was once a big hit in the 80s and 90s. It is definitely his movie all the way!


 Besides Sallu sporting the moustache, Arbaaz does it too. I love the Khan brothers together. Whether it's Arbaaz-Sallu, Arbaaz-Sohail, or all three together. I love their brotherly love and the way they support each other through thick and thin. Arbaaz shines the most when he's in one of his brother's films. His role as Makhi was done well. I didn't see Arbaaz, I saw the character, Makki, a selfish, weak brother of Chulbul In addition, he was behind the production and did a damn good job at it.


I am so in love with the natural, curvaceous, beauty, Sonakshi Sinha! She did not look like a little 20s something next to Sallu. She had a very strong screen presence as the lovely village belle, Rajo. Her eyes are fierce and stood out even though she seemed like the quiet, soft spoken girl.



The name Sonu Sood is more well-known in South Indian films. He usually plays the villian and is no different in Dabangg. Although he has been in a few Bollywood films like Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge, Jodhaa Akbar, and Ek Vivah Aisa Bhi.


 To me, Sonu looks like a young Amitabh Bachchan. He is an attractive guy but daaang, he looks the best in Dabangg. Maybe it has to do with his 6 pack abs...but I never knew he had a bod like that. Wow!


I just had to throw this pic of Sallu since he is famous for taking off his shirt :D



One of the most songs playing on people's Ipod is "Munni Badnaam" featuring the item number queen, Malaika Arora-Khan. She looks lovely, shaking her hips, and is one of my hottest MILF out there.



My favorite song from the soundtrack is "Tere Mast Do Nain."

 
"Chori Kiya Re Jiya" is a wonderful song and love watching it because of the interaction with Chulbul and Rajo.


Come on, you know you miss the old Bollywood. Just go watch Dabangg!
Until then, I will eagerly wait for the dvd for more caps :D


6 comments:

cmleigh said...

DABANGG! Girl I got a big grin on my face with the first photo. I love my Sallu and I am so happy that I got to go see it with you and your daughter. Now I'm waiting for the DVD.

dunkdaft said...

yeah. Sallu is back. And so u r :-) agree abt sonkshi. Even in such a short role, she's got all the attention she required.

never-evil said...

I am kind of avoiding Dabangg spoilers (even though I know it will be aaaaages till this comes out on DVD) so I didn't read anything but I was very happy to stare and oggle at the pictures :D And I am glad this movie is doing so well.

Amaluu said...

Agree Agree Agree. On everything! And I totally thought the SAME THING about Sonu Sood = young Amitabh! I love all the pics - and you know how I feel about 90s Salman too! I loved him right from Biwi Ho To Aisi in 1988! Great review! Thanks for posting.

bollywooddeewana said...

Lovely review Hmong Chick, loved your commentary and yes Sonu does look like a young Amitabh, i heard he's playing his son in an upcoming film and if i might add, he is MIGHTY FINE

What was it with that homo erotic ending, Sonu looked like he had a **** in his mouth...lol

Nicki said...

Sorry for the late comment replies! I <3 you all! ;)