Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bollywood Alphabet Meme

What the heck is this Bollywood Alphabet Meme? Well, a friend wanted me to do this Bollywood style. I can try to do it with Hollywood films too. But it'll be posted at another time so maybe I can link properly to where the original blogger had made it intentional.

I'm not tagging anyone, just anyone who wants to do it.
Do it, out of boredom. Or even for fun. If they want, they can link back to my blog. If not, no biggie. But I do prefer it. Regardless I have credited the original blogger for starting this idea here.

Here are the rules for Bollywood Alphabet Meme, which I have copied.

The Rules

1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.

2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.

12/04/2008 - This is from Upendra/Piyaara. What a good laugh!!



Upendra to the rescue!

3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.

4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."

5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.

My picks. I've mainly sticking to films I have not reviewed yet, grew up with, films I'm still looking for, or maybe just straight out faves of mine. Okay, forget what I'm saying. I'm starting….


Ahista Ahista (Kunal Kapoor, Padmini Kolhapure)



Beta (Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit)


Chandni Bar (Atul Kulkarni, Tabu)


Disco Dancer (Mithun Chakraborty, Kalpana Iyer)


Ek Duje Ke Liye (Kamal Hassan, Rati Agnihotri)


Fifty Fifty (Rajesh Khanna, Tina Munim)


Ghar Mein Ram Gali Mein Shyam (Govinda, Neelam)


Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (Kay Kay Menon, Shiney Ahuja, Chitrangada Singh)


Iqbal (Shreyas Talpade, Naseeruddin Shah)


Johnny, I Love You (Sanjay Dutt, Rati Agnihotri)


Khatron Ke Khiladi (Dharmendra, Chunkey Pandey, Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit, Neelam)


Lovers (Kumar Gaurav, Padmini Kolhapure)


Manzil Manzil (Sunny Deol, Dimple Khapadia)


Nagina (Rishi Kapoor, SriDevi)


Omkara (Ajay Devgan, Saif Ali Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Kareena Kapoor, Konkona Sen Sharma, Bipasha Basu)


Parampara (Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, Neelam)


Qurbani (Feroz Khan, Vinod Khanna, Zeenat Aman)


Rocky (Sanjay Dutt, Tina Munim)


Sanam Teri Kasam (Kamal Hasaan, Reena Roy)


Tohfa Mohabbat Ka (Govinda, Kimi Katkar)


Udhaar Ki Zindagi (Kajol, Rohit Bhatia)


Virsaat (Anil Kapoor, Tabu, Pooja Batra)


Woh Saat Din (Naseeruddin Shah, Anil Kapoor, Padmini Kolhapure)


Xcuse Me (Sharman Joshi)
I gave up, I have no idea what Bollywood movies begin with an "X" so I just gave an invalid file to give an "X" :) - update on 12/03/2008 - credit goes to Darshit! He helped me find a Bollywood movie title that begins with an "X"


Yaadon Ki Zanjeer (Shashi Kapoor, Reena Roy)


Zamaane Ko Dikhana Hai (Rishi Kapoor, Padmini Kolhapure)

16 comments:

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

This is so hard! So many movies- and what category would I pick??!!!
This is going to take a lot of thought- not sure if I will b as succesful as u.

Anonymous said...

O Wow! This is such a great idea! :-) And yes, I think its pretty hard too, unless imdb helps! Just as a fun exercise, I tried a quick version and realised it would take me forever. :-(

dunkdaft said...

Great, Hard working girl.

For 'X' I have to search now, my database.

Nicki said...

shweta - I know! There's so many movies so I mainly stuck with something. :) It took me a while but it turned out fun. You don't have to put the movie picture like I did. I just did it for fun.

bollyviewer - Try it. :) It's fun. Hey, who said you can't used imdb?

Darshit - Yes, please help me! What movies starts with X???? Help!!!!!!

dunkdaft said...

hey hey hey,
I found it.

Sequel to movie 'style'.

'Xcuse Me' starring Sharman Joshi.


I too, had great time finding it.

Bollywood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ajnabi said...

I am so impressed! There's no way I could do that, Bollywood or Hollywood style!

Nicki said...

Darshit - Thanks so much!! You rescued me! I never seen Xcuse Me and I surely don't want to. :D

theBollywoodFan - I'm glad I reminded you of Parampara. I definitely have to get that film again. Loved it! I actually want to get all the films on the list. Actually I think out of all of them, I only own 9 of them but haven't reviewed them yet. Hope to see you do your list soon. :)

ajnabi - Come one, I want to see a list from you, hehehe.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Here's my attempt! http://bethlovesbollywood.blogspot.com/2008/12/26-reasons-why-i-love-rani-mukherji.html

Nicki said...

Reemz - what happened?

Beth - Thanks Beth. Going to check it out!

Bollywood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Here's another inspired person. I'll do this too ;)

Nicki said...

Thanks theBollywoodFan - I'll check it out! Thanks for doing it.

TheBollywoodLover - Thanks for stopping by. Do post when you do it.

Anonymous said...

http://thebollywoodlover.blogspot.com/2008/12/bollywood-alphabet-meme.html

Yiipee!!! I did it. Thank you for the inspiration.

Nicki said...

Thanks The Bollywood Lover for doing this too! :) Will check out.