Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

30 Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge: listing 1 - 10, Part 1

I am blogging again, hahaha! It's been forever. I am on Twitter more just with random thoughts, bitchiness, rants, anything. I tweet a lot about the movies I watch...anything from Hollywood to Bollywood to Telugu to Korean to Hong Kong to Thai to Filipino.

I learn about this challenge on Twitter and I copied this entirely from Beth Loves Bollywood because I liked her format a lot.

Entries 1 through 10 of the 30 Day Bollywood Song Challenge, brought to you via Bollystalgia and originating with the facebook group of the same name. Join the game on twitter with the hashtag #30daybollysongchallenge! Now that I'm caught up, I'll be putting my entries there, but I will also do summary posts like this with a lot more text. (Who me? Want more text? You don't say!)

But this part are my choices :D

1. A song that makes you happy
The Govinda-Neelam jodi is my fave jodi of all times. I absolutely looooove them. I always get upset when people bash Govinda. He was the dancing king back in the days. No other jodi danced their hearts off like Govinda-Neelam and had chemistry. I love them. I miss them soooo much!
My fave Govinda-Neelam song is "Main Pyar Ki Pujarin" - Hatya
(I actually reviewed this movie, with lots of caps)

2. A song that makes you sad
Every time I hear this song, my heart sinks. The clip that is right before the song is soooo heartbreaking, Kunal accusing Chandra of being with another man, insulting her calling her a hoochie like her mama, what he doesn't know is that she cannot reveal the truth who that man is.
"Mana Teri Nazar Mein" - Ahista Ahista
(I actually reviewed this movie, with lots of caps)

3. A song that you like driving to
I loooooooove this song and used to play it nonstop in the car back then. Oh, how I miss Preity and Rani!!
"Piya Piya O Piya" - Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega is so upbeat and lifting to me.

4. A song that you like walking to
Yes, I know that "Yeh Ishq Haaye" - Jab We Met is a remake of the Indonesian-French singer, Anggun, ‘Être Une Femme’but I still love it. I actually like the Hindi version better. Plus the gorgeous cinematography of Manala is an icing on the cake, to top it off with cherries with having tribal people in the background wearing outfits similiar to Hmong people :)
(one of the first movies I reviewed with thoughts and some caps)

5. A song that reminds you of someone
My daughter used to watch and listen to Bollywood music with me when she was younger. Now, she doesn't :( since she is into animes and prefers Japanese music. So every time I hear, "Kahin Se Aai Rani Kahin Se Aaya Raja" - Raju Chacha, it reminds me of the little girl who used to want to watch this movie. She used to watch it all day long and imitate the dances. She used to call Ajay Devgan, Raju Chacha a lot and thought that was his name. Ooooh, memories.

6. A song that you can chill to
Aashiqui is actually my favorite Bollywood soundtrack *ever*! I fell in love with the Bhatt's music since then.
"Dheere Dheere" is just chilled and laid back. I love it. I feel serenity when I listen to it.
(I actually reviewed this movie, with lots of caps)

7. A song that you like dancing to
I swear, every time I hear "No.1 Punjabi" - Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, I just wanna dance. I am humming the lyrics right now, ready to get up!

8. A favorite item number song
Can I do my fave item girl??? Malaika Arora-Khan??? I loooove her! MILF! To me, "Chaiya Chaiya" - Dil Se is the best item numbers hands down but Malaika has had other wonderful item numbers too like "Maahi Ve" - Kaante, & "Munni Badnaam Hui" - Dabangg. She even had a Telugu item number in Athadu, okay, I'll save that for my Tollywood Soundtrack Challenge :D
(BTW, I did a list of item girls back in 2009 too...)

9. A favourite song from a Yash Raj movie
Since I was just thinking about item numbers, I might as well, kill two birds with one stone and say "Sharara" - Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai. Shamita is the younger, underused sister of Shilpa Shetty. I like this song a lot and used to play it a lot back then. The movie wasn't as bad as everyone said it'll be either.

10. A favourite song often that is played at Indian weddings
I'm not Desi. I'm a Hmong Chick who Loves Indian Cinema. As much as I love Indian Cinema, I have N-E-V-E-R gone to a Desi wedding. No kidding! I live in Atlanta where a lot of Desi people live! Anyways, whenever I hear a Desi wedding, I think of "Aur Pyar Ho Gaya-Koi Jaane Koi Na" - Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya. I looooove Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. RIP.

That concludes part 1, come back for part 2

2 comments:

Amaluu said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're on board ... I was hoping you would do it since we like so many of the same songs/movies! Love all your choices. :-)

kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.