Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Bipasha Basu upcoming Bengali movie "Afterword"

More information on this film here!
Okay, for those who have complained that Bips is just a sexy avatar and only had Corporate which showed her acting ability, which I totally disagree (I know, me being the die-hard Bips fan). Get ready for her Bengali movie, Afterword, which originally was titled Shawb Choritro Kalponik. Not only does Bips look stunning but looks like another movie that will shut people up with her sexy image.


The story of Shawb Choritro Kalponik, penned by Ghosh himself, is about Radhika, the character Bipasha has portrayed in the film. Radhika is an ordinary Bengali housewife who has lived away from her home state for some time. She comes back to Kolkata after her husband Indranil goes missing, in search of her roots as she is basically from Kolkata. Indranil was professionally an engineer but a poet by choice. Radhika is introduced to Shekhar, a photographer, when she comes to Kolkata. Her search for her roots is also a search for little slices of her husband she did not know that she tries to discover through his poetry. The film thus, is soaked with the romance and the lyricism of poetry. The film follows Radhika on her journey that transcends the geographical boundaries of going from one city to another, to enter into an introspective journey to re-discover herself within the city she once belonged to, an emotional journey to trace the finer nuances and shades of her relationship with her husband, and an investigative journey into things about her husband she did not know about. Shawb Choritro Kalponik is more of a metaphorical journey of all these journeys put together. Prosenjit plays Indranil and Jishu Sengupta plays Shekhar. She begins to understand him through his writings, including his dream muse who does not exist except in Indranil’s imagination and his poetry and discovers him all over again. Shawb Charitro Kalpanik shows how Radhika discovers his imaginary muse from his poems who spurred him on to write poetry. Pauli Dam plays this role.

Source

Check out the trailer. Looks really interesting!


14 comments:

ajnabi said...

Oh, my goodness, this looks sooo good. Bips looks AMAZING in those promo shots, especially the one of their wedding--gorgeous!

BB said...

OMFG, almost none of my favorite stars do Bengali! (It's like Culcatta doesn't exist; LOL!) Now I'm super-excited for this movie. =D

dunkdaft said...

Bengali Tigress...
in Bengali movie, in Bengali attire...wow. Must be good.

Andromache said...

She looks so beautiful in this movie.

And Bipasha totally acts well. It's not her fault she looks sexy all the time and people say she only does the same role *cough cough* ;)

Bhargav Saikia said...

Looks interesting! Will watch this for sure. Thanks for sharing :)

Nicki said...

ajnabi - I know but the sad thing is people won't go see this movie, just like Corporate where Bips acts very well.

BB - I'm glad to see Bips finally do a Bengali movie and is the lead actress with a strong role! I hope to see it in the theater.

Darshit - I'm super-excited to see this movie!

Andromache - LOL, yeah, it's not Bips' fault she's so freaking sexy. Whatever to people think that she plays the same roles.

Bhargav - You're very welcome. I definitely will be keeping up with this film.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so glad Bipasha finally got a meaty acting part. Is this a Rituparno Ghosh movie? I looooove Bengali movies - they usually have so much substance to them and make such a nice change from normal Hindi masala. Cant wait for this to come out...

Nicki said...

Hey bollyviewer! I am so excited for this film too. Yes, this movie is by Rituparno Ghosh. Are his films good? Wow, I can not wait even more since you have seen Bengali movies and loved them. The only one I've seen is Choker Bali

dunkdaft said...

have you seen Bips in this?

Nicki said...

Thanks Darhsit - yes, I've seen the trailer. The original title for that film with Bips and Neil was Freeze

NidaMarie said...

Oh, gosh, Nicki--this looks fabulous!! I hadn't seen much on it, thanks for posting!

Prosenjit Chatterjee and Bips...I've got a good feeling about this :)

Bips is so gorgeous and talented, too! I haven't seen much of hers--as you know--But she's def much more than just a pretty face!

Nicki said...

Nida - I know, I am sooo excited. I will keep up with this film and let everyone know what is going on. I can not wait for you to watch Jism

NidaMarie said...

Lol--I keep forgetting to do that-OK, Nicki, because I trust you I will dig up "Jism" and pop it in...but not before "Arth"!;)

Nicki said...

Okay Nida, do watch it but don't have huuuuge expectations cause you know what that means. :)