Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Nicki's tough decision

For the past six years, I've tried to maintain several websites of celebrities who I admired (mainly for good looks) who do not have many websites dedicated to them. The first website I ever started was for Arjun Rampal back in 2002. Since I was a fan of his modeling days, I thought it was a great idea for me to create a site to keep his pictures. In a couple of days, I made one for Bipasha Basu.



At that time, I was only using free Geocities accounts. But in a year, I used too much space and many of the pages were unavailable. Then, I moved my sites to sites that offer free web hosting as long as I let them advertise on the site. That didn't work either.

Finally, I decided to buy my own web space and domain name. It went well. So I bought a couple more domain names to make sites for Dino Morea, John Abraham, and Allu Arjun.


But now, it's over six years since I started the websites and four years with me paying out of my pocket for maintaining the sites. Plus, no one is helping me updating. No wonder I've been neglecting the sites with no updated information.


I decided to close down all my websites whenever it expires.


Last year, I have closed down Bollylounge and Dino Morea Online because it was hard to maintain now because I wanted to spend more time with my family and I'm going back to school. When it was time to renew again this year, I had to think about it but decided not to. The rest of my websites will need to be renewed this year, but I won't renew them.


This year, the following websites will be closed down.





Arjun Rampal Online











I will just focus on Blogger for writing and sharing my thoughts on Indian movie cinema.

13 comments:

dunkdaft said...

Oh No ! Thats so tough decision indeed. I never knew you have been maintaining these sites. Gosh i need to visit them now.

Anonymous said...

Gosh! You were doing all that? Thats certainly a labour of love but also a loooooottt of labour! Hope you'll be able to get back to doing all these things again in a few years' time.

ajnabi said...

Aw, man. I'm sorry you have to give them up! I understand though; with a life as full as yours something has to give.

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

I am pretty sure I've said this before- you ARE def some supwerwoman- Its amazing you were doing all this Nicki! I am sorry you have to give it up, but also glad you are going back to school- yay for that! I will join those ranks in a few years I hope :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Well I can understand how you have to do that. It will helpd us all out in that now we have 1 stop shopping with you here.
All the best!
Sita-ji

Bhargav Saikia said...

I just visited those websites. You've really done some very good job. Sad to know that they are closing down :(

Nicki said...

Darhshit - I know. I wish I have maintained them better though.

bollyviewer - Yes, it's crazy, huh? My love for Indian cinema. :) WIth the fast-growing technology these days, I haven't been up-to-date with reading up with the latest codes in maintaining my sites either. I do hope to maintain them in the future. For a couple of them, it has helped me have star contacts! :) But I won't blog about it cause then I will have so many e-mails asking me to give information about the stars.

ajnabi - I know. I was debating for while. Plus when I looked back at the site, I realized I haven't updated since 2007. Time to move on.

Shweta - Aaaaw, girl. Thanks. I don't think I'm superwoman. I'm super-obsess. :) School seems to take forward. I'm at school right now waiting for class to get started as we speak.

Sita-ji - Thanks so much!

Bhargav - Thanks for visiting the sites. Maybe in the future I will re-open them.

BB said...

I know how tough it can be to give up websites; they sort of become your babies. =( All the best in your future endeavors!

Nicki said...

BB - I know, you're right. They are like my babies. Wah! I'll miss them.

Abdulrahman said...

I think you're brave that you were able to make such a decision, because I'd never have the courage to give up my Amisha and Katrina sites. :P

I'm facing the same problem as yours, but since I don't want to get rid of my sites, I just try to balance between my network and personal life. :P

Nicki said...

Abdulrahman - It was hard but I don't have the funds either now :(

Abdulrahman said...

If you ever re-consider your decision, Fan-Sites.org is the best solution! :) They host your site for free and they also offer you a free domain name. :) The only condition is that you gotta put two banner ads on your web page. :)

Anonymous said...

plz dont close allu arjun's!