Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Playlist - Boat songs

Earlier today, I was working out and was watching the Travel channel. It was focused on South India - Kerala! I was ecstatic because ever since I have been working out there, it's either CNN or Sports.

Picture Source

Kerala is famous for its beautiful water and boat travel. Since I saw Godavari, I thought about how beautiful the scenery is.

So I thought about songs that were pictured on the boat. Not saying that all these songs are pictured in Kerala.

The following are from Bollywood films.

"O Saathiya" - Saaya
Hot, gorgeous, sexy, shirtless John. One of my favorite John films. Had a blast watching it again.
Boat scenes - 0:00 to 1:45, 2:39 to 3:34, 3:52 to 4:10



"Chupke Se Sun" - Mission Kashmir
One of my favorite Hrithik films. I think I may re-watch this film soon because it's been a while. Plus I miss Preity, where has she been? I really love the Hrithik-Preity jodi. If you've never seen MK and are watching this song and asking questions, then watch the film. :)
Boat scene - 0:00 to 2:00



"Hum Tumhare Liye" - Intaquam
I have never seen the film but have seen the song in a song dvd. Sanjay Khan and Sadhana look soooo adorable!
Boat scene - 0:00 to 2:22



"Yoon Hi Tum Mujhse" - Sachaa Jhutha
Never seen this film either. However, love the gorgeous Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.
Entire song is on boat.



"Hum Tumhe Chahte Hai Aise" - Qurbani
Although Vinod and Zeenat were not on the boat, I still consider it a boat song because you see a boat. :)
Boat scene - 0:00 to 1:08 & 1:32 to 1:42



"Raat Ka Nasha" - Asoka
Not necessary a boat but they are traveling on water. :) Asoka has beautiful music.
Boat scene - most of the song with exception when you see Shahrukh & Hrishitaa



"Zindagi Ki Na Toote Ladi" - Kranti
Hema rocks and is gorgeous. Saw this movie so long ago and don't remember it all except for this song.



"Tere Sau Deewane" - Shareef Badmash
Ever since I blogged about my encounter with Dev Anand, I was embarrass about not watching many films of his. I started to do more research on his films and hope I will be able to get a copy of them. I came across this song on YouTube...and behold, it also stars Hema, who I adore. Have yet to find the film though.
Boat scene - 0:19 to 2:35

"Kudha Jane" - Bachna Ae Haseeno
This song was shot in Italy and is beautiful. Although I wasn't a fan of the Ranbir-Deepika jodi in the film, I do like their jodi in real life.
Boat scene - 0:32 to 1:12 & many quick shot moments afterwards



"Ishq Mein Dil Ko" - Banaras
A film titled with the famous city had to have songs featured on a boat! Watched this film for Urmila cause I adore her. Beautiful music and great to see Urmi again. Although the song didn't show much on the boat, it has some and it's beautiful. Another song, "Om Namah Shivaya" was featured on a boat too.
Boat scene - 0:27 to 0:35



"Baazigar O Baazigar" - Baazigar
Beautiful song except for the wardrobe. Still love you SRK & Kajol.



What boat songs have I missed? Lots, I bet!

Forgive me for not watching many Bollywood oldies!!

Contributions from bloggers with YouTube links - check them out!!

Darshit
"Yeh Chand Sa Roshan Chehra" - Kashmir Ki Kali
"Pardesiyon Se Na" - Jab Jab Phool khile
"Do Lafzo Ki Hai" - The Great Gambler
"Raat Baaki" - Namak Halal
"Jiya Jale" - Dil Se

Bollyviewer
"Pyar Ki Kashti Mein Hain" - Kaho Naa Pyar Hai

bollywooddeewana
"Humko Tumse" - Amar Akbar Anthony

15 comments:

dunkdaft said...

Two legendary boat songs : Yeh chand sa roshan chehra (kashmir ki kali) and Pardesiyon se na (Jab Jab Phool khile)

also, Do lafzo ki hai... Which inspired Khuda Jaane. (but i m quite non-Amitabh person)

And how about mysterious 'Raat Baaki...' !

I luuuv Mission Kashmir and the song. Starting with sound of 'chappu'. Also 'Asoka's song is very good choice.

dunkdaft said...

Oops...beautiful Priety jus reminded me of -Jiya Jale (DIL SE)

Nicki said...

Thanks Darshit for the contribution. I have to admit I've never seen Kashmir Ki Kali or Jab Jab Phool Khile - I haven't seen many oldies. Even though I put a few oldies above, it's only cause I've seen them on song dvds.

I can not believe I totally forgot about "Jiya Jale" - Dil Se.

Anonymous said...

A boat list! Love the idea. And the songs. :-D I'd never seen the Benaras song before. There seem to be tons of boat/water songs in Bollywood. One of my favorites is Pyar ki kashti mein hain from Kaho Na Pyar Hai. Oldies of course, have many more boat songs. Especially Shammi films - that guy seems to have climbed every possible vehicle (check out dustedoff's latest post for a list)!

Anonymous said...

Nicki, thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am a fan of bollywoods, but I am sure not as much of a fan as you are! Oh, have you seen Preity Zinta's newest movie? I can't recall the title but it also means "Heaven on Earth" I believe.. well I'll be doing a review on it maybe the end of this week so do keep an eye at my blog for it if you haven't yet seen it.

bollywooddeewana said...

Great list, i thought Humko tumse from Amar akbar Anthony was going to be your No. 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KfIdFGCXNk

Nicki said...

bollyviwer - OMG, I can not believe I forgot "Pyar Ki Kashti Mein" - KNPH! Totally forgot. I was trying to remember this one song from the SRK-Pooja Bhatt movie, Chahaat too but didn't remember it - I could of sworn they were on a boat!!!!

I was going to include "Mehbooba" - Ajnabee beacuse they were on the ship but didn't show that they were.

Wow, that many Oldies Boat songs? I have to check into it. Thanks so much for dustedoff's page.

mozemoua - nyob zoo. I definitely have Heaven on Earth and hope to watch soon but I am behind in my movie watching. It's not exactly Bollywood but....

bollywooddeewana - Thanks for the YouTube link. I have never seen Amar Akbar Anthony - told ya I haven't seen many oldies prior to the 80s.

Filmi Girl said...

Oh, lovely list! I'm going to listen to these when I get home! :)

If I'm remembering correctly, Preity's song from Dil Se was shot in Kerala with a lot of good boat action! "Jiya Jaale"!

Anonymous said...

Nyob zoo to you too Nicki!! I had just added you onto my blogroll and will be sure to follow you just as well, although I am a very busy person and can hardly keep track of my own blog. LOL but then since i've been so behind on my Bollywoods that I'll need to follow you so I can get my daily dose of bollywood films. ehehee.

Bhargav Saikia said...

Nice list :)

I love the Mission Kashmir song..I guess it'll forever sound fresh (just like Pehla Nasha).

Nicki said...

Filmi Girl - Yah! Thanks for stopping by. I know, stupid me. Thank goodness Darshit reminded me of the song too!

mozemoua - can't wait to read more of your reviews on your blog. :)

Bhargav - Thanks! I know, I simply love MK songs!

Banu said...

Awesome Collection :) I just wanted to share some of the songs that I know that were shot on a boat - these are really old old movies :)

Oh Mehbooba (Sangam)
Ajeeb Dastaan Hai (Dil Apna aur preet Parai)
Mera naam Raju gharaanaa anaam (Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behthi Hai)
Dam bhar jo udhar munh phere (Awara)
Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya (Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya)
Rula Ke Gaya Sapna Mera (Jewel Thief)
Chalo dildaar chalo (Pakeezah)
Tu Ganga Ki Mauj (Baiju Bawra)
Yeh Nai Nai Preet Hai (Pocketmaar)
Dil Aisa Kisi ne Mera Thoda (Amanush)

Anonymous said...

Ajeeb dastaan hai yeh! The best of the oldies :)

Anonymous said...

O majhi re- Film "Khusboo"

Regards

Ashutosh

KlingeltoneKostenlos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.