Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Ruslaan Mumtaaz - where art thou?


Dear Ruslaan,

Where are thou?

It took me two years to find out who you were. In 2005, when I first saw you in the music video of the remix "Aap Jaisa Koi," I asked everyone who you were. No one knew.

Then your debut film, Mere Pehla Pehla Pyar came along, I saw pictures of you. I knew that was the same guy I was searching for all these years!

I finally found you! So extremely happy to see Mere Pehla Pehla Pyar because it was a cute, teenage love story. Something I don't see much in Bollywood.

But that was almost two years ago, it's now 2009.

Eagerly waiting for your next two films, which is scheduled to release this year in 2009 (I still hope!)

Tere Sang - I can not find much information, except that you were injured while shooting the film.

Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai! - glad to see an IMDB page since Tere Sang didn't have one. I hope you have a huge role in the film. Ritiesh Deshmukh is credited first. And Ayesha as an alien in the film too! Please no supporting roles! I want you in a lead role!

Shocking news to me when I found out that you were denied the role of in Slumdog Millionaire because of your good looks. It's okay. Don't worry, you are definitely too fine and much hotter than Dev Patel.

Hope that was not the reason why I haven't seen much of you lately. I still have faith in you. Come back soon! I miss you!

Waiting patiently,

Nicki
ApunBindaas
A Hmong Chick who Loves Indian Cinema

All I can do now is stare at your pics until I see you again....











Until then, enjoy the hawt photoshoot of Ruslaan!

PS - for those who didn't know, he is the son of veteran actress, Anjana Mumtaz.








6 comments:

lapetitediva said...

I haven't watched Slumdog Millionaire(nor do I plan to), but oddly enough, I can envision him in the lead role.

If he doesn't succeed in Bollywood, he should do South films :) I would definitely watch him in a Tamil or Telugu movie. My only request is that they find a suitable dubbing artist, as there are few things I hate more than listening to a voice that doesn't fit the actor.

Bhargav Saikia said...

Ruslaan was seriously good in Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar! The guy has charm..and loads of it!

Some more of his movies would be good!

Nicki said...

lapetitediva - Apparently, Ruslaan is too hot to play in SM. I will edit my post after this but Ruslaan is the son of veteran actress Anjna Mumtaz.

Hahaha, I hope he reads this blog! Yes, Ruslaan go to the South if Bollywood isn't for you. :)

Shoot, maybe I should try out for South films too since most of the stars there are dubbed. I just learned about that not too long ago either!

Bhargav - gosh, I loooove Ruslaan and want to see more of him. I'm just eagerly waiting too long!

bollywooddeewana said...

Wow so this is Mumtaz's son, she sure delivered a hottie. Haven't seen any of his flims though, but might check them out sometime. I really love Mumtaz

bollyviewer said...

Wow! Thats a lot of cheese in one post!!! :-) Cant wait to see if he can act as well.

bollywooddeewana he isnt Mumtaz's son but that of Anjana Mumtaz who wasnt a big Hindi movie actress (I believe she was big in Gujarati or Marathi films) - she appeared in a few Hindi movies and did some nice TV series in the late 80s.

Nicki said...

bollywooddeewana - oh no, Ruslaan is Anjana Mumtaz's son.

bollyviewer - oh gosh, he's such a cutie pie! I wanna see him again!