Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jay Sean - got the ALL OR NOTHING cd & won tickets to see him!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo freaking excited. I've been calling in to Q100 (very popular, Atlanta radio station) to win tickets for the Office Christmas Party that Q100 throws every year. This year, they are bringing Kelly Clarkson, Jay Sean, & Orianthi. Get this, you can *not* buy the tickets. You have to *win* them.



And I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Maybe that dream I had of Jay Sean a week ago was foreshadowing me seeing him again. Regardless, I have been on cloud nine for the past few hours.

Oh yeah, I got Jay Sean's new CD too. I pre-ordered it and got it on Monday. Those who pre-ordered got an autograph Jay Sean booklet too.



My review on the songs....

"Do You"
Loooooooooove it. So Jay Sean. This is the Jay Sean I know. What does that mean? Well, the USA got a taste of Jay Sean with "Down" and even though it's a huuuuuuge hit, that wasn't the Jay Sean I remember. Maybe it's Lil Wayne, lol. It's not like Jay didn't have rappers in his songs before. One of my faves from the CD, I am swaying my head and hips right now to it.

"Fire"
The song is actually good, but I don't really like the chorus too much. Too much of the repeating -- Fire, Desire, Fire, Desire, Fire, Desire.

"Down" f/ Lil Wayne
Okay, if you haven't heard this song yet. Where have you been? It hit #1 on the Billboard charts booting out Black Eyed Peas. Ya! You go Jay! When I first heard it, I have to admit, I didn't like it that much. It's a song that grows on you. Again, I think it's Lil Wayne. Watch the official music vid.

"Do You Remember" f/ Sean Paul & Lil John
Second song released. No official music video yet but you can listen to it. Don't really care for it. Maybe it'll grow on me? Must be another Lil problem, lol. Not a fan of Lil John's voice. I adore Sean Paul though and liked his piece. I actually like the song minus Lil John. His part reminds me of a dog barking in the background trying to get attention. Not trying to diss him or anything.

"Ride It"
Love it. From Jay's old track in the My Own Way CD. It was the first time I heard Jay enter the R&B/Hip Hop era. See the official music vid.

"Love Like This" (Eternally)
The title reminds me of the famous song with Natasha Bedingfield & Sean Kingston. The beats have an old school feel. Definitely catchy.

"If I Ain't Got You"
Two old school feels in a row! Beats are good. Like the end of the song, nursery rhyme.

"War"
One of my fave new songs from the CD. It's nothing like Jordan Spark's "Battlefield."
Looove this song, almost decided to write down the lyrics.
How we march across the desert to defeat my enemy
And I would lie here in the trenches with your picture next to me
When I told you it's forever, then that's how it's going to be
Don't, won't let him, take the place of me, No
Does he really know you, like I know you
All the little things?
Does he really love you, like I love you
How can he compete?
....

Soliders in a war
None of us are backing down
And I will show you victory is mine
Before we leave this battleground
Cause he don't wanna leave
And I don't wanna go
And I know how this battle goes
He don't wanna leave
And I don't wanna fight this kind of war

"Cry"
Also from the My Own Way CD. Song is awesome. Check out the song.

"All or Nothing"
Another song which was on the My Own Way CD. It is also the name of his USA CD debut. Song is awesome. Check out the song.

"Stuck in the Middle" f/ Jared Cotter
One of my fave songs from the My Own Way CD. Lyrics are amazing. Jared Cotter is a former American Idolist. I love how their voices compliment each other. Check the song out.

"Stay"
Another track from the My Own Way CD. Another favorite of mine. Yeah, I just love his songs. Check out the official music vid. That's Thara in the vid too.

"Lights Off"
I listen very carefully to the lyrics, it's about a guy going crazy missing a girl who left him. Really digging the lyrics and the melody.
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
It's you that I'm missing
It's like my brain is wired up
And there's a glitch in my system
You're like a drug
And my blood no-stop itching
I'm in critical condition
Someone let me out of this prison

"Down" (Candle Light Remix)
This version is awesome. Jay singing "Down" accapella style, not really, but it's a slow version with only the piano in the background. I really dig it.



I'm on full Jay Sean mode

4 comments:

ajnabi said...

No way, Nicki! That is so awesome! It looks like a totally great time. :-)

bollywooddeewana said...

Lol at this review, very enjoyable and personal. I fell off my chair at Lil John barking like a dog

I don't buy cds anymore but when this comes up in a sale i'll probably pick it up as i do like Jay a lot

Nicki said...

ajnabi - thanks girl, I am so excited, can't wait!!!

bollywooddeewana - do it for Jay, okay :)

Hahaha, yeah, Lil John annoys me

Anonymous said...

Nicki, you did an awesome review on jay sean's album, every song was described spot on. I did download it from amazon. The songs are ok, I like his hindi remixes a lil better. I do wished Cash Money Records would let Jay sean represent his indian roots.