Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Nicki's wish - Bollywood to remake of "27 Dresses"

Those of you who follow me on Twitter know that I couldn't find my Photoshop Cd and was having computer viruses problems forcing me to re-format my my desktop computer. In addition to that, my laptop's cd drive is corrupted. Great, just great!

But in the meantime, another post.....my remake wish.

The dvd of 27 Dresses has been just laying around for months. A co-worker gave it to me and thought I'll be interestesd. The other day, I finally saw it. I absolutely looooooved it. I even saw it twice. Second time with hubby. He likes it too!

I want to see 27 Dresses in a Bollywood remake. Yes, I noticed that my other Bollywood wish of remakes are all female-oriented films, just like my post for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants & Peach Girl.

But knowing Bollywood, there will be changes and make it a male-oriented film. Take a look at Sweet Home Alabama, which the remake is Barsaat. Instead of letting it focus on a woman, it focused on a man - Bobby Deol. Why? Why not let Bips or Priya be the main star? If you are going to remake and keep most of the script, then do it even better!

Anyways, I hope that one day, I get to see more female-oriented films. And not just female-oriented films focusing on women suffering. Ahem, Chandni Bar, Ek Hassena Thi, etc. Could we have a light-hearted romantic comedy? None of the men rescuing the women at the end of the day. Let her be strong-minded, please!



27 Dresses is the story about Jane, who has been a bride's maid 27 times and waits patiently for her prince charming to sweep her off her feet.



Jane is the unselfish girl-next-door. She is always there for everyone. Never saying no to anyone's requests and needs, she always goes beyond expectations as a bride's maid and her friends. Everyone at work knows she's in love with her boss, George, except for him.



When I saw Jane, I immediately thought of Ayesha Takia Azmi. Ayesha has such a natural, refreshing, youthful look and can act. She's one of the most underrated actress in Bollywood. From Tarzaan - The Wonder Car to Dor to 8x10 Tasveer, she could easily pull it off. Playing a role like this reminds me of her Socha Naa Tha and Dil Maanga More days.



George, Jane's boss. He's the perfect guy. Plus the guy Jane's in love with. Why not? Any woman would fall in love with him. He's handsome, successful, loves animals, and does charity work.



Arjun Rampal would fit perfectly as George. For some reason, he does best when he's given more of a side role. But with this role, fans will still see the sweet, good-looking guy like from Tehzeeb.



Jane's younger sassy, sexy sister, Tess, comes to live with her. To Jane's surprise, George and Tess starts to fall in love and become a couple.



Bollywood don't know who Ileana D'Cruz is but she's very popular in Tollywood. Besides a lot of South Indian actresses have been making their mark in Bollywood. I'm waiting for Ileana's turn. She has a innocent look with a sexy vibe. I've only seen her in Pokiri but think she would be perfect as Ayesha's younger sister. Having her paired off with Arjun would also be very interesting.



Casey is Jane's BFF. She's fiesty but loves her BFF.



Kangana would be perfect! Just like Jane and Casey both are opposites but always there for each other. I would love for Ayesha and Kangana to be cast as BFFs.



Kevin is the adorable, cute writer who starts to have a soft spot for Jane when he gets to know her.



Why not Abhay Deol? I could totally see him pull it off. Plus I would love to see him and Ayesha together again. They make a cute jodi. I want more Socha Naa Tha.



This is just my silly remake wish but wouldn't this cast be awesome? 27 Dresses will be one of my guilty-pleasure movies.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging from this post and the other similar posts, casting is obviously not your forte.

ajnabi said...

I adore your fantasy casts and these kinds of posts! I think it'd be an adorable remake, and all the better for more singing and dancing. :-) I'd like to see Preity as the BFF. She'd also be cute!

Nicki said...

anon - hahaha!!!! Thanks for showing some love and keep on visiting!! muah!

ajnabi - Thanks girl! If I was to cast Preity, I would pick an older person other than Ayesha. I rather see Preity in the lead role, hmmmm, who would be her BFF instead? :)

dunkdaft said...

i love this 'wishes' series on your blog. quite imaginative :) Aayesha is such a sweety, she's perfect for this role.

sivajitv said...

Nice pictures... soooo goooooooood....

sivajitv

Nicki said...

sivajitv - thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown said...

Is the AISHA (which is going to be released in Bollywood) looks like a remake of this movie : 27 dresses.

Nicki said...

Sand - Aisha is an adaptation of Emma, not 27 Dresses

Ashwini said...

lovely Nicki... nice wishes :) wish some of these turn true...